“In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.” – Albert Einstein.
My “platform,” therefore, is simple: I will faithfully follow and enforce the laws of the United States and the State of Louisiana Executive Branch and interpreted by the Appellate and Supreme Courts.
Platform FOR Custody Issues between Parents
Divorce and custody issues will be manageable with the OurFamilyWizard website
. The OFW app gives you the ability to access all of your child custody calendars, parenting time and visitation schedules, events, messaging and more from your Android® device.
Easy to use and quick to connect to your OurFamilyWizard account. Here are some features of the Our Family Wizard mobile app:
• Innovative navigation makes it easy to get from section to section.
• Native Android® widgets make the app incredibly easy to use.
• Monthly and list views of the custody calendar and parenting time schedules to keep your kids on time.
• Create events, trades and journal entries on the calendar.
• Send and receive messages.
• Use the powerful Info Bank to organize medical, school clothing sizes records and much more.
• Create, share and document expenses and payments with the Expense Log.
• Make payments for expense reimbursements, child support and more with OFWpay on the app.
• Setup a mobile pin to make logging back into the site easy.
All entries made on the OFW app have the same degree of documentation that you would expect from the full Our Family Wizard website. Additional updates will be made regularly to provide even greater connectivity to your Our Family Wizard account.
Through the website, OFW subscribers get access to a full set of co-parenting tools including: color coded child custody calendars, shared visitation schedules, secure messaging, family information storage (immunizations, important contacts and more), shared expense payment and management and so much more.
• Easily coordinate your shared custody and joint custody parenting time schedules while keeping accurate records with the OFW custody calendar. No more guessing, keep your kids on time, on schedule.
• More confidence in requesting parenting time trades through the patented OurFamilyWizard calendar trade function.
• You don’t have to worry if an email got to where it needed to go anymore with the safe and secure OurFamilyWizard message board.
A custody evaluation is often the best way to determine what is best for the child and make recommendations to the court regarding child custody and visitation. The court follows the recommendations in the evaluation in over 90% of custody cases.
Since the custody evaluation process is so important and can be very tricky, it is recommended that you learn everything you can about the process as early as you can. With the custody evaluation video, you gain the advantages described below.
* Parents get to chose the custody evaluators and the evaluators who are approved by all judges in family court
- Evaluators are chosen according the parents financial situation
- We teach you how to get the evaluator to make recommendations in the best interest of your child
- The Custody Evaluation experience can be trying to even the most seasoned professional.
MAKE FAMILY COURT LESS FRIGHTENING
Decrease your family court’s docket size
By mandating the use of the OurFamilyWizard website you can greatly reduce the number of repeat visits from conflicting parents. When parents do return to court over child custody disputes, information is clearly formatted with the necessary information you need to make a judgment, saving you time and effort.
Empower parents to resolve issues themselves
Using an online shared co-parenting tool like the OurFamilyWizard website to coordinate parenting time and visitation/custody schedules, parenting plans and manage family information can help to eliminate miscommunications and confusion caused by parenting from separate households.
Getting rid of the “he said/she said”
Reduce the “he said/she said” scenario that’s filling up your docket. Often times parents arguments begin small and blow up over a short period of time. Many arguments begin over simple miscommunications and confusion over details. With the OurFamilyWizard website, every record is stamped with who made it and when it was made. No more guessing or speculating over when information was shared.
A clear picture of family plans
Online-shared calendars can help to avoid the pitfalls of parenting from separate households. The problem with phone contact or email is its narrative format. “Creative language” used between “Soccer Practice, 3:15 and North Field” can be detrimental to relationships between parents. Using a shared online calendar can keep both parties informed without all of the creative input.
Protecting the Children
Children are the ones most affected by a divorce. Children should be shielded from divorce and they should not be used as messengers. Keep children out of the middle of conflict while keeping them in the loop. The OurFamilyWizard website gives children the ability to stay informed about family issues without getting in the middle.
What is child custody recommending counseling?
Child custody recommending counseling is a form of negotiation between people with the help of a professional counselor who will assist them in reaching an agreement regarding custody and parenting issues. If the parties do not reach an agreement during the FCS session, the counselor will submit a comprehensive written report to the court that includes, but is not limited to, a custody and visitation recommendation and the reasons for the recommendation.
- What is the purpose of child custody recommending counseling?
The purpose of child custody recommending counseling is:
- To help reduce the hostility that may exist between the parties;
- To develop an agreement that assures the child(ren) frequent and continuing contact with both parents and that assures the health, safety and welfare of the child(ren).
- To achieve a resolution of the issues of custody and rights to parenting time that is in the best interest of the child(ren).
- What does child custody recommending counseling include?
Child custody recommending counseling may include, but is not limited to, interviews with the parents, child(ren), other parties who may be legally joined to the case, and other individuals who may have information about the situation
- When does child custody recommending counseling occur?
Child custody recommending counseling occurs before the scheduled court hearing on disputed custody and visitation issues.
- Who conducts the child custody recommending counseling?
The court employs experienced Family Court Counselors who have Master’s Degrees and specialized training in areas pertaining to children and families. These areas include, but are not limited to, conflict resolution, parenting techniques, children’s developmental stages, domestic violence, substance abuse, and child abuse and neglect.
- How can I prepare for child custody recommending counseling?
Do whatever you can to separate your feelings about your child’s other parent from what your child needs from that parent. Take into consideration what children need from their parents and others at difference ages. Bring at least two different proposals about how your child can spend time with you and his or her other parent. Be prepared to listen to your child’s other parent’s ideas so that the two of you can have a discussion about what might work for everyone. Make a list of any specific concerns about your child’s other parent so that they can be addressed in putting together the plan for your child.
- What if we can’t reach an agreement during child custody recommending counseling?
In most cases, parties can successfully resolve and agree on custody and parenting time issues. However, if the parties are unable to reach a full or even partial agreement, the Family Court Counselor will prepare a written recommendation to the court on the issues that the parties have been unable to agree on. In some cases, especially where there is a great deal of hostility between parents or serious allegations such as abuse or neglect, the Family Court Counselor may recommend a temporary custody and/or parenting plan. However, the Family Court Counselor can only make recommendations. It is the judge who will make the final decision.
- Can I submit information to FCS before my child custody recommending counseling appointment?
- Can I talk to the Family Court Counselor before or after the FCS appointment?
“Ex parte communication” is not allowed by parties or attorneys at any time before a judge has made a final decision in the case. Ex parte communication means one party (or attorney) contacting the Family Court Counselor without the other party being present or having knowledge of the nature of the discussion.
- What if I miss my FCS appointment?
Because of the short time frame between the FCS appointment and the court hearing, another appointment cannot be scheduled. If one or both parties fail to attend child custody recommending counseling, the session will not occur and the court notified of your failure to attend. If this occurs, it is important that you still appear at the court hearing on the date scheduled. However, both parties should be prepared to provide an explanation to the judge as to why they were unable to attend child custody recommending counseling.
- Do children attend child custody recommending counseling?
No. If the Family Court Counselor needs to interview the child/ren, an interview will be scheduled for another time.
- Are both parties interviewed together?
Yes. Family Court Counselors interview both parties together. The exception to this policy is if there has been an alleged history of domestic violence, or when there is a protective order in effect and one party has requested separate interviews.
- I have a domestic violence restraining order. May I bring a support person?
Yes. A support person may accompany you to child custody recommending counseling. However, the support person cannot participate in, and is required to maintain confidentiality of, the child custody recommending counseling session.
A Family Court Counselor may exclude a support person from a session if:
- The support person attempts to participate in the session;
- The support person acts as an advocate for the victim in a session;
- The support person’s presence or actions disrupt the session.
- What is the Family Court Services report?
At the conclusion of your FCS session, the Family Court Counselor will identify in writing those issues on which you reached an agreement as well as those issues on which you were unable to reach agreement. This is known as the FCS Report. As previously mentioned, the Family Court Counselor will make a written recommendation to the court on any issues that have not been resolved during child custody recommending counseling. The parties will receive a copy of the recommendation in writing prior to the court hearing.
- What happens if there is a Family Court Counselor conflict of interest?
Child custody recommending counseling of cases that involve family law attorneys or their spouses, relatives, friends, or co-workers of the Family Court Counselor may present a conflict of interest. It is the policy of the court to avoid conflicts or the appearance of a conflict of interest. Therefore, in these cases, parties may be referred to other Family Court Services sites for child custody recommending counseling.